Hot Air Ballooning is a gentle experience that is suitable for all ages from 5 to 97 years this is an experience for everyone. It is an outdoor activity that is weather dependent and in South Africa's calm early mornings normally allows flying with a high success rate. Hot Air Ballooning SA flies 7 days a week all year round.
Combine your hot air ballooning adventure with incredible views of the greatest geographical catastrophe yet uncovered on our planet. The Vredefort Dome, the aftermath of a mountain-size meteor impact is listed as a World Heritage Site. With favourable wind directions, your flight will reveal wonderful views of the meandering Vaal River, game viewing and the impact structure itself. Guaranteed to have an Impact on you!
Carried away on a gentle breeze... Under a colourful canopy of hot air to a destination unknown... A really special way with which to celebrate any occasion such as birthdays, anniversaries, engagements, romantic adventures, team building events, corporate hospitality functions or just a great adventure with someone special.
Hot Air Ballooning SA's exceptional experience includes:
All flights take place at sunrise which changes seasonally.
- Meet at the predetermined location a little before sunrise
- Welcomed with a hot drink whilst photographing the preparation and hot inflation of the balloon
- All aboard! Pilot/passenger briefing
- AIRBORNE! Flying time approximately 1 hour
- On landing enjoy a celebratory glass of champagne and soft drinks whilst the crew deflate the balloon
- Return to the launch site/lodge by vehicle
- Presentation of souvenier certificate
- Allow 3 - 4 hours for the entire experience